Two state records set! Two near misses! These were among the many highlights at Saturday’s Londonderry Invitational! Congratulations to the Milford Girls 4×100 relay team of Nicole McMorrow, Amy Arena, Olivia Rougeau, and Viankah Williams, who set the new state mark at 48.94, besting the previous mark by only .01 set by Nashua way back in 1988! Congratulations to Central’s Jacob Stanko on his new Javelin state record javelin toss of 196’9″, which eclipses Jackson Womack’s (Hanover) 196’7″ throw in 2005.
The two near misses came in the girls 200 and 400. Milford’s Freshman phenom Williams also came within .08 of Kathy Lawson’s (Keene) 1971 state record in the 200 when she blazed a 24.52! Lebanon’s hurdling state record holder Corinne Kennedy came within .01 of claiming Anna Cioffredi’s (Lebanon) 2007 record.
Other highlights include:
- 6, count them 6 girls broke 60 seconds in the 400. Probably the most loaded 400 in quite some time in NH!
- Salem’s Katy Nippert jumping 18’3″ in the long
- Souhegan’s Sebastian Eaton once again in the 21’s in the 200 and 48’s in the 400. He is only a junior!
- Alvirne’s Noah Bellomo pops a 1:55 in the 800.
- BTW – Stanko swept the throws tossing the shot put 48’5″ and the discus 131’10”. This sets up a great D1 showdown with Timberlane’s Kyle Faucher next week!
Complete Listing of State Records
Videos submitted by Vince Williams (thanks!!!!)